Beyond Retail are an award-winning and rapidly expanding online retailer. We are looking for a talented Sales Ledger Assistant to join our busy Accounts Department. This role would suit somebody who is AAT qualified to at least Level 2, or qualified by progressive and demonstrable experience. This role will offer the opportunity to be supported by a highly experienced Financial Controller/Accountant, within a collaborative and supportive team environment.
A bridge between Customer Service and Accounts, this role will be customer-focused ensuring the final part of the customer journey runs as smoothly as the rest of their experience. Working with and supported by an experienced team, we are looking for an expert at investigations who is comfortable with reviewing daily reports to check that all orders are paid for before delivery and that all refunds are reviewed for accuracy and authentication.
- Check & process refunds
- Review Aged Debtor Ledger which includes the following:
- Allocating zero balance accounts
- Write off small balances within agreed limits
- Write back annual credits on account
- Investigate balances on account
- Identify & merge duplicate accounts
- Sage Reconciliation, including the following:
- Identify and correct processing errors (dates / values etc)
- Identify missed payments
- Identify missed orders
- Finance Drawdown
- Finance reconciliation
- AIB Chargebacks
- Month-end support and reporting
- Year-end support
We are ideally looking for:
- An AAT level 2 qualified candidate with at least 6 months’ experience working within a busy in-house Accounts department.
- Ability to demonstrate a customer-centric attitude
- Someone with very strong numeracy and literacy skills, with the ability to learn new information and follow processes.
- Someone who enjoys working as part of a team, so you will need to be supportive of your colleagues and work together to meet deadlines.
- Someone keen to share ideas and help improve the way we do things.
- A natural problem-solver, who is willing to use their own initiative and investigate background information.
In return we can offer you:
- Flexible working hours – we work 40 hours per week, typically between 8am and 6pm.
- A friendly, customer-focused environment built on teamwork, collaboration, ownership and transparency
- Free fresh fruit, tea and coffee
- Informal dress code
- Free parking and bike storage
- on-site gym and showers
- Cycle2Work scheme
Working at the Office & Remote Working
Whilst there may be an initial office-based induction, we are working almost entirely remotely at the moment so this will need to be factored into your plans if you decide to apply for the role.
At Beyond Retail, we believe the future of work is about flexibility. Not everyone does their best work from an office, and not everyone wants to work from home exclusively. Moving forward employees can choose to work flexibly either from home or in the office. We have now introduced an app that enables you to schedule your time & space at the office to suit you!
Home Working Support Scheme
We want to ensure that those who do choose to work from home can still work in the best possible environment, and are not left out of pocket.
In a nutshell, we offer:
- A one-off allowance for you to set up your home office
- A monthly ‘top-up’ to cover any additional WFH costs (eg: utilities, equipment maintenance etc).
Current COVID adjustments
In line with the current national Covid guidelines, we will continue to support staff from home and limit time spent in the office, as well as comply with all government recommendations, to ensure the safety of our staff. For the safety of those who need to visit the office, the following actions we have taken include:
- Sanitiser stations installed at various points around the office, including entrances, exits and desks. Hand soap is available at all sinks & basins
- Social distancing is being adhered to in all areas of the offices
- Desks in the office have been arranged to adhere to social distancing guidance and cleaning wipes have been provided
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of touchpoints (eg: door handles)
These guidelines will be reviewed as and when restrictions are reviewed by the UK government.
Our offices are near Bournemouth Airport, with easy transport links. If you would like further information on this position before applying then please feel free to give us a call, otherwise please send in your CV for consideration.