Do you love good user experiences, problem-solving, and making great stuff happen with your brain, a bunch of data and insights, and a gang of skilled developers? Do you sometimes catch yourself thinking “now, that’s a good product page/navigation/checkout/whatever!” when you’re shopping online? Does user research, data analysis, scoping big features, and fixing small bugs put a smile on your face?
At Beyond Retail we want to give our customers a best-in-class shopping experience, and the biggest piece of that puzzle is our websites. As our Product Owner, you’ll work with our development partners to keep the sites running smoothly, use your superb research skills to understand our customers and their needs and collaborate with teams across the business to come up with ideas that solve problems and turn traffic into revenue.
It’ll be your responsibility to nurture those ideas into released development work. You’ll do the research, make wireframes, write the brief, manage the process, and document and communicate what we’re building, why, and how it works. You’ll be the bridge between our development partners and the rest of the business — understanding development basics and being able to make complex concepts easy to understand is key.
To be successful in this role you’ll need great interpersonal, communication, and organisational skills. You should know Google Analytics like the back of your hand, have experience conducting user research and be an expert at turning data into actionable insights. And you should find technical problems irresistible, enjoy losing and winning variants equally, and care deeply about the customer.
- Own the development roadmap and work with internal stakeholders and development partners to scope and build new functionality, fix bugs, and solve problems
- Use Google Analytics, user research, insights from the wider business, and other data sources to understand customer needs and inform development decisions
- Document new and existing functionality, and train internal users on new functionality
- Communicate development work and releases to the relevant teams and wider business
The successful candidate will be:
- A hands-on, technically-minded product owner with e-commerce experience
- A great communicator with the ability to make complex concepts easy to understand
- Comfortable and excited to work with stakeholders across the business to understand problems from all angles and solve them with the full picture in mind
- Customer-centric, strategic, organised, and detail-oriented
- A stellar researcher with top-class data analysis skills
In return we can offer you:
- flexible working hours – we work 40 hours per week between 8am and 6.30pm
- an awesome, newly refurbished office with a variety of creativity friendly workspaces
- ample opportunity for career progression as we grow as a business
- a friendly, customer-focused environment built on teamwork, collaboration, ownership and transparency
- Flexibility and support with home-working
- free fresh fruit, tea and ground coffee
- team nights out
- informal dress code
- an on-site gym
- free parking and bike storage
- childcare vouchers
- Cycle2Work scheme
Home Working Support Scheme
At Beyond Retail, we believe the future of work is about flexibility. Not everyone does their best work from an office, and not everyone wants to work from home exclusively. We want to ensure that those who do choose to work from home can still work in the best possible environment, and are not left out of pocket.
In a nutshell, we offer:
- A one-off allowance for you to set up your home office
- A monthly ‘top-up’ to cover any additional WFH costs (eg: utilities, equipment maintenance etc).
Salary – £45k – £50k per annum, DOE
If you would like more information about this position, then please speak to Ben Morris for a confidential chat or send in your CV for consideration.