Here at Beyond Retail, we have over 3 million visitors to our 3 retail websites per year. We sell over 20,000 different products, and our environment is fast-paced, exciting and rapidly evolving.
We are looking for a Category Manager to join us on a permanent basis in our newly refurbished offices in Bournemouth. You will be responsible for the pricing and overall promotion of particular product categories to maximize consumer appeal. This will include improving performance, driving revenue and maximising profit of products across all 3 of our sites. The goal is to increase sales and profitability of business to drive sustainable growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with exceptional commercial awareness to work in a rapidly growing and hugely successful online retailer, and make a real impact on developing and honing our processes and systems, as well as impacting our commercial performance. We believe in using cutting edge technology and highly accurate product data to offer a seamless customer journey, and the way our products are merchandised and priced are key to our future success.
The main aims of this role are:
- To drive performance and maximise profit within your category across all three of our websites
- Identifying overstock, slow moving stock and clearance stock within the category and arranging promotional activities to clear
- Organising promotional activity to boost category revenue
- Liaising with our Content Team to arrange suitable category banners for promotional activities, product guides and blog articles, as well as product CGI’s, videos and 360 images to improve the customer journey and to increase conversion rate
- Isolating poor performing products to perform optimisation tasks and discontinuing where needed
- Review product pricing and running price experiments to ensure maximisation of profits
- Auditing category products to ensure we have a good range of products whilst maximising stock visibility
- Liaising with the Head of Ecommerce, Head of Product & Merchandising and Project Manager regarding new website functionality releases to organise and delegate product work required
- Liaising with the Head of Product & Merchandising to organise resource and assets required for product launches within the category
- Becoming an expert within the product category to be able to sign off product launches, identify new attributes required to increase conversion rate and create product launch guidelines to ensure consistency across products
- Day to day management of Assistant Category Managers and Product Administrators
- Weekly and monthly reporting on category performance – top selling products, conversion rate, page value, page views, promotional activity performance
We are looking for someone who can:
- Analyse sales data and spot trends
- Utilise their exceptional eye for detail to ensure they understand all of the products in their category and that all attributes and product data are sense checked constantly, keeping errors to a minimum
- Take a customer-oriented approach and see the website through the eyes of our customers, keeping the customer journey in mind at all times
- Work effectively in a collaborative team and liaise with colleagues on product launches and creative content requirements
- Embrace change – the online retail environment is rapidly evolving and we are always looking at ways to improve how we do things
In return we can offer you:
- flexible working hours – we work 40 hours per week between 8am and 6.30pm
- an awesome, newly refurbished office with a variety of creativity friendly workspaces
- ample opportunity for career progression as we grow as a business
- a friendly, customer-focused environment built on teamwork, collaboration, ownership and transparency
- free fresh fruit, tea and ground coffee
- team nights out
- informal dress code
- free parking and bike storage
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Newly refurbished offices near Bournemouth Airport, with easy transport links and free parking.
The online retail world is an an exciting, fast paced and changing environment. We strongly believe our culture is one of the many reasons people join us as well as the opportunity to excel and get involved in different initiatives. If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, or you would like a look at our awesome offices, then please speak to Alison for a confidential chat or send in your CV for consideration.