Beyond Retail is an award-winning multi-website online retailer offering bathroom, kitchen and heating products to Britain’s homeowners and tradespeople. Over 8 million people visit our websites each year, and we’re on a mission to help create well-designed homes that look great, feel special, and positively impact people's everyday lives.
We’re just over 10 years old, and in that time, we’ve accelerated from zero to £50m/year revenue, won local and national awards, and grown to 160-plus people. Our three websites - Drench, Tap Warehouse and Only Radiators - are growing from strength to strength, and we need a Facilities Co-Ordinator to help us continue our growth journey.
Location: Bournemouth - Beyond Retail HQ.
Salary - £25k-£30k.
Who we’re looking for:
As the Facilities Coordinator at Beyond Retail, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining our headquarters and Compass Base facility's safety, security, and efficiency. This role involves active participation in Health and Safety meetings, conducting thorough safety inspections, managing customer collections, overseeing office supplies, and handling various system programs.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has strong communication skills, and is adept at using various computer systems.
- Attend and contribute to monthly Health and Safety meetings.
- Conduct monthly Safety inspections at BR HQ, addressing water, heating, building exteriors, structural integrity, and internal fixtures.
- Perform daily visual inspections for fire safety, ensuring corrective actions where necessary.
- Organise and schedule contractors for maintenance and emergency repairs at Beyond Retail HQ and Compass Base.
- Responsible for building security.
- Oversee customer collection handovers, including contacting customers, processing collections, and managing non-collections.
- Handle unannounced customers and returned orders.
- Source and manage office supplies and welfare provisions for the company.
- Excellent communication skills, effectively engaging with visitors, customers, staff, and contractors.
- High attention to detail, particularly in fire, health, and safety aspects.
- A qualification in H&S would be helpful, or experience in managing H&S projects including inspections and reporting.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage and structure time effectively.
- Proficient in using various computer systems such as Brightpearl, Freshdesk, and Safety Culture.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working hours — we work 40 hours per week, typically starting and finishing between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm Monday to Friday, as this role relates to our Warehouse being on-site will be important.
- All the tech you need
- A fantastic office
- A company-wide commitment to learning and development
- A friendly, customer-focused environment built on teamwork, collaboration, ownership, and transparency
- Team and company-wide social events
- No corporate dress code
- Electric Vehicle Leasing
- Headspace subscription
- £500 refer-a-friend recruitment reward
- Buy & Sell Holiday
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Eye care vouchers
- Discounts for staff, friends and family
Everything we do is shaped by our ten core values. These inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and each other, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not about who you are or how loud you shout, but about the impact you make and what you do. We encourage doing rather than dreaming – if you have an idea, speak up, and we will listen! Everyone’s opinion matters and any suggestions are welcomed.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
If you would like further information on this position before applying, then please get in touch; otherwise, please send in your CV for consideration.