Beyond Retail is an award-winning multi-website online retailer offering bathroom, kitchen and heating products to Britain’s homeowners and tradespeople. Over 8 million people visit our websites each year, and we’re on a mission to help create well-designed homes that look great, feel special, and have a positive impact on people's everyday lives.
We’ve only just turned 10 years old, and in that time we’ve accelerated from zero to £50m/year revenue, won local and national awards, and grown to 170-plus people. Our three websites - Drench, Tap Warehouse and Only Radiators - are growing from strength to strength and we’re looking for an Ecommerce Category Merchandiser who will help us to continue our growth journey.
Our Ecommerce Category Merchandiser will be responsible for developing our product categories through ongoing optimisation and maintenance of existing product data across core categories across our three ecommerce sites. This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity where you’ll get to see the changes you make on-site and the impact this has on our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with the Buying team on key site merchandising tasks to support trading activity to drive traffic and conversions.
- Working closely with Marketing to increase product sales by managing blog product visibility and preparing categories for marketing campaigns.
- Enriching data across all three sites, including new filters, new data points and working on filling data gaps.
- Owning category templates and sort orders, with a strong focus on building the customer journey.
- Writing and building on existing / new Merchandising processes.
- Working with our Product & Promotions Manager to implement our sitewide promotions such as Black Friday and January Sales.
- Optimising our products using your newly acquired in-depth product knowledge. This will include requesting new imagery, making feature & benefit content changes, and updating upsells and cross-sells.
- Collaborating with our Marketing team to request new blog articles for categories or products to help the customer journey.
- Analysing products using Google Analytics and other wonderful data points to drive action onsite.
- Working with other areas of the business like Customer Experience and Sales to provide cohesive and clear journeys for customers addressing key feedback.
Who we're looking for:
- At least 1 year of experience working in a similar eCommerce merchandising role. This is essential.
- An impressive level of attention to detail and passion for the importance of data accuracy.
- Demonstrable experience in using either Google Sheets or Excel above a basic level. You’ll be using Vlookups extensively so you’ll need to be confident with formulas.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Tech literate with the ability to learn new platforms and tools quickly.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Ambition, initiative and top-notch organisational skills.
- Some level of commercial awareness. This is desirable.
- Previous use of an e-commerce backend system and Google Analytics. Desirable but not essential.
- A willingness to speak up and share ideas.
- Logical thinking and top-class investigative skills.
- A positive outlook with a strong ‘can-do’ attitude.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working hours — we work 40 hours per week, typically starting and finishing between 8am and 6:30pm Monday to Friday
- All the tech you need + remote working budget for setting up your home office
- Monthly financial support for remote working
- A fantastic office, or flexibility to work at home - the choice is yours
- A company-wide commitment to learning and development
- A friendly, customer-focused environment built on teamwork, collaboration, ownership, and transparency
- Team and company-wide social events
- No corporate dress code
- Electric Vehicle Leasing
- Free fresh fruit and healthy(ish) snacks in the office + library, board games
- Headspace subscription
- £500 refer-a-friend recruitment reward
- Buy & Sell Holiday
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Fully Paid Sick Leave
- Eye care vouchers
- Discounts for staff, friends and family
Everything we do is shaped by our ten core values. These inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and each other but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not about who you are or how loud you shout, but about the impact you make and what you do. We encourage doing rather than dreaming – if you have an idea, speak up and we will listen! Everyone’s opinion matters and any suggestions are welcomed.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It's what we do that counts, not where we do it...
At Beyond Retail, we believe the future of work is about flexibility. Not everyone does their best work from an office, and not everyone wants to work from home exclusively. Moving forward employees can choose to work flexibly either from home or in the office. We even have an app that enables you to schedule your time & space at the office to suit you!
Home Working Support Scheme
We want to ensure that those who do choose to work from home can still work in the best possible environment, and are not left out of pocket.
In a nutshell, we offer:
- A one-off allowance for you to set up your home office
- A monthly ‘top-up’ to cover any additional WFH costs (eg: utilities, equipment maintenance etc).
If you would like further information on this position, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or send in your CV and cover letter using the form below.