Beyond Retail is an award-winning multi-website online retailer offering bathroom, kitchen and heating products to Britain’s homeowners and tradespeople. Over 8 million people visit our websites each year, and we’re on a mission to help create well-designed homes that look great, feel special, and have a positive impact on people's everyday lives.
We’ve only just turned 10 years old, and in that time, we’ve accelerated from zero to £50m/year revenue, won local and national awards, and grown to 160-plus people. Our three websites - Drench, Tap Warehouse and Only Radiators - are growing from strength to strength and we need a Data guru to help us continue our growth journey.
We’ve achieved incredible growth throughout our journey, but we’re not planning on stopping here. We now need an experienced Data Analyst to join our Technology team and play a key role in shaping and unlocking the future growth of our websites and data knowledge at Beyond Retail.
We’re after someone who has experience of and is excited about data analysis and visualisation – preferably in an e-commerce or digital setting. Someone who’s passionate about e-commerce, first-class user journeys, data deep dives, and company-wide collaboration.
You will play a pivotal role in transforming raw data into meaningful insights and data models, which in turn will feed our business with the information we need to make great decisions and provide our customers with an experience beyond others. If you are organised, structured and analytical, with a penchant for problem-solving, then please read on!
What you’ll be doing
- Setting up and configuring our data pipeline capabilities within the business
- Owning and having responsibility for our data pipeline (Glew) and BI platform (Looker)
- Collaborating with stakeholders and partnering with teams across the business to understand their reporting requirements and translate them into impactful and business-critical reports.
- Creating, developing, maintaining, and improving our BAU reports and dashboards, ensuring they are visually appealing and interactive to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Analysing large datasets, performing deep analysis and reporting back any updates to key stakeholders on root causes and solutions
- Deliver and regularly review new datasets for our end users across multiple areas of the business
- Manage ad hoc data requests, effectively triaging and prioritising requests
- Develop a good working knowledge of the data available, documenting and sharing this knowledge with the wider team
- Leading and supporting the future expansion of data capabilities and its integration with various business functions.
- Being a key driver for continuous communication on the capabilities of good data well presented throughout our company
The skills you’ll need
- Passion for bringing data and people together to drive business value
- Experience as a Data Analyst in an eCommerce/digital/online technology environment, with hands on experience of BI Platforms pref. Looker
- Experience visualising data with a reporting tool e.g Looker Studio, Power BI Report Builder, Tableau etc
- Deep experience and understanding of Google Sheets or Excel – formulas and Apps Script maybe your love languages!
- Experience and confidence with SQL
- Can effectively communicate with and present back to a large group of stakeholders with differing levels of technical ability and understanding
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- You’re a great collaborator and communicator and can make complex stuff easy to understand
- You thrive on autonomy and are always looking for ways to enhance data solutions
- Competitive salary
- Plenty of holiday to recharge your batteries
- Remote-first culture
- All the tech you need + remote working budget for setting up your home office
- A fantastic office, or flexibility to work at home - the choice is yours
- Pension plan
- 2 on-site gyms
- Free fresh fruit and healthy(ish) snacks in the office + library, board games
- Headspace subscription
- Octopus EV electric car salary sacrifice
Everything we do is shaped by our ten core values. These inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and each other but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not about who you are or how loud you shout, but about the impact you make and what you do. We encourage doing rather than dreaming – if you have an idea, speak up and we will listen! Everyone’s opinion matters and any suggestions are welcomed.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Work is not a place; it is what you do…
We believe the future of work is about flexibility. Not everyone does their best work from an office, and not everyone wants to work from home exclusively. Our employees can choose to work flexibly either from home or in our office. To demonstrate our commitment to this, we have a fantastic Home Working Support Scheme! We want to ensure that those who do choose to work from home can still work in the best possible environment, and are not left out of pocket.
In a nutshell, we offer:
A one-off allowance of £500 for you to set up your home office
A monthly ‘top-up’ to cover any additional WFH costs (eg: utilities, equipment maintenance etc)
If you would like further information on this position before applying then please get in touch, otherwise please send in your CV for consideration.