For many of our customers, choosing their new bathroom or kitchen is a life-changing decision. Inevitably, they have questions for us, and our knowledgable Customer Service team are always on hand to problem solve and offer advice. Combining a friendly, can-do, focused approach to customer service with compassion, they do everything they can to help customers go forward with confidence.
Beyond Retail is a rapidly growing and forward-thinking multi-website online retailer on a mission to help our customers create homes they can be proud of. We do this by giving our staff the freedom, opportunities and tools to learn and improve every day. We are looking for an experienced Customer Service Advisor, who loves problem-solving and turning the frowns of customers upside down, to join us!
What will you be doing?
- You’ll identify and escalate ideas for operational process improvements to deliver a better service for our customers and/or improve efficiency
- You’ll solve customer queries and complaints as they arise, delivering great service levels and ensuring our customers go away happy and ready to recommend us (most do… check out our Trustpilot reviews!)
- You’ll resolve complex customer issues by applying initiative to achieve the best possible outcome for the customer. We sell technical, complex products and we aim to deliver to service, so you will need to be willing to learn – a lot!
- You’ll build relationships across the business to ensure the customer journey is seamless and the Sales, Warehouse and Customer Service departments are always working together
- You’ll use your own initiative to monitor your performance and develop the knowledge and skills that you need to be the best you can be
What are we looking for?
- Excellent customer service skills, communication skills and an assertively confident telephone manner
- A positive, can-do attitude to finding solutions for customers in distress or with serious complaints
- A mature approach to learning, with the ability to retain in-depth knowledge of complex products and processes
- A team-centred approach, with the natural ability to work with your colleagues and do the best thing for the customer
- A high level of initiative, drive and ownership
- Excellent written English and top-class IT skills
We are very lucky that we work from a wonderful newly refurbished office near Bournemouth Airport, with plenty of free parking. We also have some office dogs who reside with us, a brand new gym which is free for all employees to use, free healthy snacks and fruit, and most importantly free tea and proper coffee! We also operate an informal dress code and have regular team nights out. We think it’s a great place to work!
Everything we do is shaped by our ten business values. These inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and each other, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not about who you are or how loud you shout, but about the impact you make and what you do. We encourage doing rather than dreaming – if you have an idea, speak up and we will listen! Everyone’s opinion matters and any suggestions are welcomed.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
This role is a permanent position working 40 hours per week on a rotation of two shift patterns – 8am to 4.30pm or 9.30pm to 6pm. We may look to extend these hours in the future. If you would like further information on this position before applying then please feel free to give us a call, otherwise please send in your CV for consideration.