Beyond Retail is an award-winning multi-website online retailer offering bathroom, kitchen and heating products to retail and trade customers. Over 8 million people visit our websites each year, benefiting from keen pricing, design-led products, top class service and continuous investment in technology.
Our mission is to help people create homes that they can be proud of, and do so by giving our employees the freedom, opportunities, and tools to learn and improve every day. We are only 10 years old, but in a short space of time we have grown very rapidly, with over 170 people (and several dogs…) on board – and we are still growing!
A new and exciting position has arisen for a creative and ambitious individual to join our Sales Design team. Using their keen knowledge of current products and design trends, our Sales Designers work closely with our customers and wider Sales teams to design and sell beautiful bathroom spaces. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and fast-paced team, where you will be working on multiple customer projects and have ownership over your development.
As part of a distributed team, with colleagues working from around the UK, our Sales Designers need to be well-organised self-starters, with excellent attention to detail. We love a perfectionist!
What will you be doing?
- Provide a friendly, personable, and professional service with customer-centricity at the heart of everything you do
- Interacting with customers via telephone and e-mail including taking design briefs. Ensuring to keep in regular contact throughout the sales and design process
- Inspire our customers and bring their bathroom spaces to life through the use of ‘Virtual Worlds’ – full training will be provided
- Using all available software to give our customers the best overall experience at all times
- Helping customers with product selection, meeting their desired aesthetic and budget, including composing and sending quotations
- Providing any necessary technical information and support where required, occasionally engaging with our suppliers for further information
- Giving prompt and effective after-sales support to customers when needed
We are on the lookout for someone with:
- At least 1-2 years of experience working within a bathroom showroom
- Up to date knowledge of bathroom products and design trends
- A strong level of competency in computer literacy is essential
- Experience with a form of CAD software. Experience using ‘Virtual Worlds’ would be advantageous but is not essential
- A natural creative flair
- Excellent communication & strong written English skills
- Personable & professional conduct
- Proficiency in owning their learning and development
- Adaptability and flexibility as well as the ability and willingness to learn new systems and processes
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team but also individually, with an understanding of how your decisions can impact others
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within a fast-paced working environment
- A positive outlook with a strong ‘can-do’ attitude
In return we can offer you:
- Flexible working hours – we work 40 hours per week typically starting and finishing between 8am and 6pm
- Very flexible home-working arrangements – including a budget to set up your home office!
- Opportunities for career progression as we continue to grow
- A friendly, customer-focused environment built on teamwork, collaboration, ownership and transparency
- Stylish and comfortable refurbished offices with a variety of creativity friendly workspaces – free parking and bike storage too!
- Team & company-wide social events
- Informal dress code
- A company-wide commitment to learning & development
Everything we do is shaped by our ten core values. These inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and each other but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not about who you are or how loud you shout, but about the impact you make and what you do. We encourage doing rather than dreaming – if you have an idea, speak up and we will listen! Everyone’s opinion matters and any suggestions are welcomed.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Work is not a place; it is what you do…
We believe the future of work is about flexibility. Not everyone does their best work from an office, and not everyone wants to work from home exclusively. Our employees can choose to work flexibly either from home or in our office.
To demonstrate our commitment to this, we have a fantastic Home Working Support Scheme! We want to ensure that those who do choose to work from home can still work in the best possible environment, and are not left out of pocket.
In a nutshell, we offer:
- A one-off allowance of £500 for you to set up your home office
- A monthly ‘top-up’ to cover any additional WFH costs (eg: utilities, equipment maintenance etc).
Current Covid Adjustments
For the safety of those who visit our office, the following actions we have taken include:
- Sanitiser stations are installed at various points around the office, including entrances, exits and desks. Hand soap is available at all sinks & basins
- Social distancing is being adhered to in all areas of the offices
- Desks in the office have been arranged to adhere to social distancing guidance and cleaning wipes have been provided
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of touchpoints (eg: door handles)
Salary starting at £24,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Up to £29,000 OTE
Remote Working Possible