(Remote Working possible)
Beyond Retail is an award-winning multi-website online retailer offering bathroom, kitchen and heating products to retail and trade customers. Over 8 million people visit our websites each year, benefiting from keen pricing, design-led products, top class service and continuous investment in technology.
Our mission is to help people create homes that they can be proud of, and do so by giving our employees the freedom, opportunities, and tools to learn and improve every day. We are only 10 years old, but in a short space of time we have grown very rapidly, with over 170 people (and several dogs…) on board – and we are still growing!
A new and exciting position has arisen for an ambitious individual to develop a career as a Junior Design Consultant, to support our Senior Design Consultants and wider Sales teams. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and fast-paced team, where you will be working on multiple customer projects and have ownership over your own development.
You will be very organised and a self-starter, with excellent attention to detail. We love a perfectionist!
What will you be doing?
- Provide a friendly, personable, and professional service with customer-centricity at the heart of everything you do
- Interacting with customers via telephone and e-mail including taking design briefs. Ensuring to keep in regular contact throughout the sales and design process
- Inspire our customers and bring their spaces to life through the use of CAD software – full training will be provided
- Using all available software to give our customers the best overall experience at all times
- Helping customers with product selection, meeting their desired aesthetic and budget, including composing and sending quotations
- Providing any necessary technical information and support where required, occasionally engaging with our suppliers for further information
- Giving prompt and effective after-sales support to customers when needed
We are on the lookout for someone with:
- Experience working within the bathroom sector – this is essential
- A strong level of competency in computer literacy is essential
- Experience with a form of CAD software. Virtual Worlds in particular would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills
- Personable & professional conduct
- Proficiency in owning their learning and development
- Adaptability and flexibility as well as the ability and willingness to learn new systems and processes
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team but also individually, with an understanding of how your decisions can impact others
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within a fast-paced working environment
- A positive outlook with a strong ‘can-do’ attitude
- A natural creative flair and a desire to keep up to date with new/upcoming interior trends
In return we can offer you:
- Flexible working hours – we work 40 hours per week typically starting and finishing between 8am and 6pm
- Stylish and comfortable refurbished offices with a variety of creativity friendly workspaces – free parking and bike storage too!
- Opportunities for career progression as we continue to grow
- A friendly, customer-focused environment built on teamwork, collaboration, ownership and transparency
- Team & company-wide social events
- Informal dress code
- Cycle2Work scheme
- A company-wide commitment to learning & development
Everything we do is shaped by our ten core values. These inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and each other, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not about who you are or how loud you shout, but about the impact you make and what you do. We encourage doing rather than dreaming – if you have an idea, speak up and we will listen! Everyone’s opinion matters and any suggestions are welcomed.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Work is not a place; it is what you do…
At Beyond Retail, we believe the future of work is about flexibility. Not everyone does their best work from an office, and not everyone wants to work from home exclusively. Our employees can choose to work flexibly either from home or in our office.
To demonstrate our commitment to this, we have a fantastic Home Working Support Scheme! We want to ensure that those who do choose to work from home can still work in the best possible environment, and are not left out of pocket.
In a nutshell, we offer:
- A one-off allowance for you to set up your home office
- A monthly ‘top-up’ to cover any additional WFH costs (eg: utilities, equipment maintenance etc).
Current Covid adjustments
In line with the current national Covid guidelines, we will continue to support staff from home and limit time spent in the office, as well as comply with all government recommendations, to ensure the safety of our staff. For the safety of those who need to visit the office, the following actions we have taken include:
- Sanitiser stations installed at various points around the office, including entrances, exits and desks. Hand soap is available at all sinks & basins
- Social distancing is being adhered to in all areas of the offices
- Desks in the office have been arranged to adhere to social distancing guidance and cleaning wipes have been provided
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of touchpoints (eg: door handles)
These guidelines will be reviewed as and when restrictions are reviewed by the UK government.