As an Ecommerce Product Merchandiser, you will be responsible for the ongoing optimisation and maintenance of existing product data across core categories on Beyond Retail websites: Tap Warehouse, Drench & Only Radiators.
You will set up reporting activity to measure the impact of your work and be pivotal in larger-scale projects and new system setups.
You will need to be very organised and a self-starter, with excellent attention to detail. You should be a great team player, working closely with Buyers to ensure the management and roll out of key product launches and ongoing optimisation.
- Working closely with Buying on key site merchandising tasks to support trading activity and drive traffic and conversions.
- Working closely with Marketing to increase product sales by recommending bestsellers/hero products, managing blog product visibility and preparing categories for marketing campaigns.
- Enriching data across all three sites, including: new filters, new data points and working on filling data gaps.
- Managing new product launches and continually optimising product content and SERPs (Search Engine Ranking Pages),
- Owning category templates and sort orders, with strong focus on building the customer journey.
- Writing and building on existing / new Merchandising processes.
- Managing promotions to analyse stock and recommend product lines to go into site-wide and category specific sales, as well as Marketing for digital roll out.
- Acquiring in-depth product knowledge through actioning key processes, such as: code swaps, site feedback and discontinuations.
- Analysing product returns, Google Analytics data and other wonderful data points to drive action.
- Working with other areas of the business like Customer Experience and Sales to provide cohesive and clear journeys for customers addressing key feedback.
- Reporting on competitor analysis and campaign performance to highlight key wins and areas for improvement.
- Other ad hoc administrative and analytical tasks as per the requirements of the team.
- A strong understanding of computers & systems is essential.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets is preferred, but we also provide training to really hone and improve your skills.
- Some level of commercial awareness is desirable.
- Previous use of an e-commerce backend system and Google Analytics is desirable but not essential.
- Outstanding organisational skills, ability to multitask and demonstrate awesome attention to detail.
- Willing to speak up and share ideas.
- Logical thinking and top-class investigative skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility as well as the ability and willingness to learn new systems and processes.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, with an understanding of how your decisions can impact others.
- A positive outlook with a strong ‘can-do’ attitude.
- flexible working hours – we work 40 hours per week between 8.00 am and 6.30pm
- an awesome, newly refurbished office with a variety of creativity friendly workspaces
- a friendly, customer-focused environment built on teamwork, collaboration, ownership and transparency
- free fresh fruit, tea and ground coffee
- team nights out
- informal dress code
- free parking and bike storage
- Cycle2Work scheme
- a company-wide commitment to training & development
Working at the Office & Remote Working
Whilst there may be an initial office-based induction, we are working almost entirely remotely at the moment so this will need to be factored into your plans if you decide to apply for the role.
At Beyond Retail, we believe the future of work is about flexibility. Not everyone does their best work from an office, and not everyone wants to work from home exclusively. Moving forward employees can choose to work flexibly either from home or in the office. We have now introduced an app that enables you to schedule your time & space at the office to suit you!
Home Working Support Scheme
We want to ensure that those who do choose to work from home can still work in the best possible environment, and are not left out of pocket.
In a nutshell, we offer:
- A one-off allowance for you to set up your home office
- A monthly ‘top-up’ to cover any additional WFH costs (eg: utilities, equipment maintenance etc).
Current COVID adjustments
In line with the current national Covid guidelines, we will continue to support staff from home and limit time spent in the office, as well as comply with all government recommendations, to ensure the safety of our staff. For the safety of those who need to visit the office, the following actions we have taken include:
- Sanitiser stations installed at various points around the office, including entrances, exits and desks. Hand soap is available at all sinks & basins
- Social distancing is being adhered to in all areas of the offices
- Desks in the office have been arranged to adhere to social distancing guidance and cleaning wipes have been provided
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of touchpoints (eg: door handles)
These guidelines will be reviewed as and when restrictions are reviewed by the UK government.
If you would like further information on this position or take a peek at our offices, then please do not hesitate to get in touch, or send in your CV and covering letter.