Beyond Retail is a rapidly growing and forward-thinking multi-website online retailer on a mission to help our customers create homes they can be proud of. For many of our customers, choosing their new bathroom or kitchen is a life-changing decision.
Inevitably, they have questions for us, and our knowledgeable Customer Service team are always on hand to problem solve and offer advice. Combining a friendly, can-do, focused approach to customer service with compassion, they do everything they can to help customers go forward with confidence.
An opportunity has arisen, here at Beyond Retail, to join us as our new Customer Service Manager. This role will be leading our Customer Services Department, as we refocus our rapidly expanding Customer Experience functions.
This will be a busy but highly rewarding role, giving you the opportunity to make a real impact on both our customer experience and the experience of the staff. The key elements of your day-to-day role will include:
- Dandy data skills – a key part of this role will be to produce MI and reports on the team’s performance and provide these to the Operations Manager on a weekly basis. However, the tricky part will be making sense of the data and collating, analysing and interpreting it in a useful way.
- Championing continuous improvement and putting the ‘pro’ into process – creating an environment that inspires people to improve existing conditions and processes. Identifying improvement opportunities from generating ideas to solution implementation, ensuring that all of your decisions are driven by a balance of data and your knowledge of the strengths of the team.
- Relishing relationship-building – developing trusted relationships with the Customer Service team, the Operations Manager and other key people within the business, as well as some suppliers.
- Captivating coaching and training for high performance – engaging individuals in developing themselves and committing to an action plan that targets specific behaviours, skills, or knowledge. Ensuring the team are working effectively together at all times, you may need to train new members of the team, carry out one-to-one coaching to focus on specific areas of improvement, or work alongside the Training Department to produce effective training materials. You will also be responsible for maintaining written records of processes, ensuring that everyone in the department can refer to the documents as a guide and that they are always up to date, and keeping the departmental intranet page updated.
- Leading the pack on customer-centricity – being an online retailer, the service we give to our customers is crucial to our success, and building trust is of paramount importance. We aim to put the customer at the heart of our everyday activity and to be constantly improving on the customer journey. Excuse us for blowing our own trumpet, but our Trustpilot rating is currently 4.7 out of 5 for Tap Warehouse (our longest running site), and you will play an active and crucial part in maintaining our strong reputation.
- Laudable leadership that promotes wellbeing – leading by example, to actively protect the safety, health and wellbeing of themselves and others. Living our company values and demonstrating how a positive attitude towards problems can enable them to be solved faster and more effectively.
Other perks include the following:
- flexible working hours – we work 40 hours per week between 8am and 6.30pm
- an awesome, newly refurbished office with a variety of creativity friendly workspaces
- a friendly, customer-focused environment built on teamwork, collaboration, ownership and transparency
- free fresh fruit, tea and ground coffee
- team nights out
- informal dress code
- free parking and bike storage
- Cycle2Work scheme
- a company-wide commitment to training & development
Remote Working & Social Distancing
Whilst there will be some initial office-based training, we are working almost entirely remotely at the moment so this will need to be factored into your plans if you decide to apply for the role. With social distancing measures set to remain in place for several more months, we will continue to support staff from home and limit time spent in the office, as well as comply with all government recommendations, to ensure the safety of our staff.
Home Working Support Scheme
At Beyond Retail, we believe the future of work is about flexibility. Not everyone does their best work from an office, and not everyone wants to work from home exclusively. We want to ensure that those who do choose to work from home can still work in the best possible environment, and are not left out of pocket.
In a nutshell, we offer:
- A one-off allowance for you to set up your home office
- A monthly ‘top-up’ to cover any additional WFH costs (eg: utilities, equipment maintenance etc).
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, or you would like a look at our awesome offices, then please speak to Ben for a confidential chat or send in your CV for consideration.
Salary – £28-35k per annum, DOE